with executive sous chef Denis Groison of Le Beaulieu Restaurant, Sofitel Legend Metrople Ha Noi
Seabass, a primarily ocean-going fish that sometimes enters brackish and fresh waters, is in chef Denis Groison's highlight choice this week. With its marvelous taste and smell, the dish is waiting to be discovered, through the introduction of chef Groison.
Ingredients: serves 4
4 pcs sea bass filet (150g)
To make the escabeche:
- 1 carrot
- 1 tsp coriander seed
- 1 yellow onionr
- 1 fennel leave
- 5 cl blackcurrant cream
- 1 zucchini
- 8 cherry tomato
- 10 cl olive oil
- 1 potato
- 10 cl white wine
- 1 tsp lemon juice 4 spring onions
- 100g roquette saladl
- 1 turnip
- ¼ cauliflowe
- 1 thyme, oregano, rosemary basi
- Mince the onion and cut all vegetables in small triangles. Preheat the olive oil and add the onions, cook without coloration.
- Add the potato, deglaze with white wine.
- Cook for 5 min and add the other vegetables. Cook slowly for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and add the herbs and cool it down, season. Keep in fridge for one night.
- Season the seabass and sear it, turn it up side down and cook it slowly in oven for 7 at 10 min.
- Let it rest outside for 5 min, then mince the spring onion and season it with some blackcurrant cream, salt and pepper. Put the minced onion on the seabass.
- Reheat the escabeche and season it with the blackcurrant cream and lemon juice.
- Reheat the fish in oven. Pour the vegetables with their jus. Put the fish on top and some roquette around.
You can sample the dish at Le Beaulieu Restaurant, Sofitel Legend Metropole Ha Noi, 15 Ngo Quyen St, Hoan Kiem Dist, Ha Noi. Tel: (04) 3826 6919 ext: 852.