with Executive Chef Patrick Fournes of Crowne Plaza Da Nang
This Vietnamese Lunar New Year, let chef Fournes serve you and your family a Western-style feast of beef, sauted potatoes and mushrooms port sauce with delicious taste, surely to satisfy your appetite.
According to chef Fournes, the dish comprises a tournedos (filet mignon) of beef, pan-fried in butter, served on a crouton, and topped with a slice of whole foie gras. It then will be garnished with slices of black truffle, and finished with a Madeira demi-glace sauce.
Ingredients: Serve 4
- 4pcs of 180g beef tenderloin
- 10g salt & pepper
- 10ml vegetable oil
- 4pcs of 40g duck liver
- 400g potato, sauted (or any other style)
- 200ml port wine sauce
- 400g fresh mushrooms
- 100g baby onion pickles
- Season the beef tenderloin with salt and pepper. Grill to the desired cooking range. Set aside.
- Panfry the duck liver in a Teflon pan to golden colour on both sides, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Sauted the potato or make it in Lyonnais style as you like.
- Reheat the port sauce and add the washed mushrooms so the natural water from the mushrooms flavour the sauce. Put in the baby onion pickles to add acidity to the sauce, then add a little piece of fresh butter to make it smooth and shiny.
- Place the potatoes in the middle of the plate.
- Top with the beef tenderloin.
- Top again with the dick liver.
- Cover with the sauce and serve.
Chef's Tip: This dish is a traditional dish from the French cuisine. Alternatively Salmon can be used instead of Beef.
You can sample the dish at Crowne Plaza Da Nang, 8 Truong Sa St., Ngu Hanh Son Dst., Da Nang City. Tel: (84-511) 3918 888/ 3918 339