Sunday, November 19 2017

VietNamNews

Nam and Nagal ousted from Vietnam Open

Update: October, 26/2017 - 14:26
The duo Lý Hoàng Nam of Việt Nam and Sumit Nagal of India. — Photo sggp.org.vn
Viet Nam News

HÀ NỘI — The duo comprising Lý Hoàng Nam of Việt Nam and Sumit Nagal of India were ousted from the Hưng Thịnh Vietnam Open 2017 being held in HCM City.

The pair lost to the duo of Chinese Taipei’s Ti Chen and Australian Max Purcell 2-6, 6-2, 7-10 (super tie break) in the first round of the men’s doubles on Wednesday.

After the match, Nagal said he didn’t focus on training and competing in doubles events during the past two years, and only concentrated on developing himself within the singles category. Nam said his No 1 goal is in the singles division.

Two years ago, Nam teamed up with Nagal to win the Junior Wimbledon doubles crown, becoming Việt Nam’s first-ever Grand Slam junior champion.

All Vietnamese players were ousted from the first round of this year’s event. Last year, Nam entered the second round of the men’s singles event.

The event, which has a total cash prize of US$50,000 and 90 ATP points being awarded to the champions in both the singles and doubles categories, will go on until October 29. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: