|Olympic contender: Nguyễn Thị Lệ Dung.|Viet Nam News
Nguyễn Thị Lệ Dung
Born in 1985 in Phù Linh Commune, Sóc Sơn District, Hà Nội.
Competition category: Women’s sabre
Started training: 2001
- Won a ticket to the Rio Olympics after her victory against Taiwanese fencer Tiffany Dell’Aquila in the sabre final of the Asia-Pacific zone qualification in April.
- Ranked 14th in the 2015 World Fencing Championships in Moscow.
- Five individual gold medals, Southeast Asian (SEA) Games ( 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011 and 2015)
- Three gold medals (team category), SEA Games (2003, 2005 and 2007)
- Individual gold medals, ASEAN Fencing Championships (2004, 2006, 2008 and 2012)
- Gold medals (team category), ASEAN Fencing Championships (2004 and 2008)