Sunday, June 24 2018

VietNamNews

VN Food Administration warns about poisonous mushrooms

Update: June, 13/2018 - 09:00
The Việt Nam Food Administration under the Ministry of Health on Monday released a warning after a case of mushroom poisoning in the northern mountainous of Sơn La. – Photo thuocthang.vn

HÀ NỘI — The Việt Nam Food Administration under the Ministry of Health on Monday released a warning after a case of mushroom poisoning in the northern mountainous of Sơn La.

The administration warned that residents should not eat wild mushrooms, including the common white colour ones, and should absolutely throw purchased mushrooms away if they have doubts about them. Fresh mushrooms should be eaten right after being harvested as they can produce toxins if left to rot or crushed.

On June 6, nine people were taken to the Thuận Châu District Medical Station eating a lunch made with a strange kind of mushroom.

After lunch, all of nine people reported having headache and bellyache, followed by vomiting and diarrhea. They were taken to the Thuận Châu District Medical Station. However, the station did not have enough equipment, so seven of them, including a one-month-old girl, were moved to the Sơn La Province General Hospital.

All of the patients are in stable condition and have been discharged from the hospital. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: