Sunday, January 21 2018

VietNamNews

Smoke from factory affects locals’ health

Update: January, 08/2018 - 05:00
Two teachers and 18 students of Quán Toan secondary school were hospitalised after fainting and struggling to breathe after inhaling white smoke from a factory of Việt Nam-Japan Steel Corporation.— Photo laodong.vn

HẢI PHÒNG — Local authorities from Hồng Bàng District, Hải Phòng City will temporarily cut the electric supply to Việt Nam-Japan Steel Corporation if the company does not deal with the environmental incident that occurred on Saturday, affecting the health of teachers and students in a nearby secondary school.

According to Mai Văn Tuyên, chairman of Quán Toan Ward’s People’s Committee, two teachers and 18 students of Quán Toan secondary school were hospitalised after fainting and struggling to breathe after inhaling white smoke from a factory of Việt Nam-Japan Steel Corporation.

The smoke was caused by a broken dust filter on a kiln, which was an unexpected incident, Nguyễn Văn Phi, assistant to the company’s chairman of the management board told Tuổi Trẻ (Youth) newspaper.

The company has stopped using the kiln to deal with the incident.

The affected teachers and students have been released from hospital and are in a stable condition. — VNS

 

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: