Tuesday, October 17 2017

VietNamNews

Three workers suffer electrical burns

Update: August, 23/2017 - 17:15
Medical staff and firefighters rescue wounded workers after an electrical accident in Đà Nẵng yesterday. — Photo courtesy of Đà Nẵng’s fire-fighting police
Viet Nam News

ĐÀ NẴNG — Three workers sustained injuries when they were installing an advertising board on the fourth floor of a house on Ngũ Hành Sơn Street in the central city on Tuesday.

The city’s fire-fighting police force said the three men were installing scaffolding under high-voltage power lines when a steel bar touched the cabling.

The short circuit caused burns over the body of Võ Tân Vương, 22, while Huy, 27, and Hoàng, 26, suffered burns on their legs and hands, respectively.

Police and medical teams were called to rescue the wounded workers before taking them to hospital.

The police said the house was designed for the breeding of swifts, so no staircases had been fitted on the third and fourth floors.

The team spent a lot of time carrying the most seriously injured victim from the fourth floor.

Nearby houses or people managed to escape harm.

The police are investigating the case.

In April this year, a fire at a house in Ngũ Hành Sơn District killed the residents living there.

In 2015, a short-circuit on the high-voltage grid killed one man and damaged electrical equipment in 300 households in Liên Chiểu District.

A worker was killed when he suffered an electric shock on touching exposed power lines near a construction site in Sơn Trà District in 2014.

According to fire-fighting police force, at least six fires have occurred in the city since early 2017. — VNS

 

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: