|A resident of Bà Rịa Vũng-Tàu Province at the Đà Nẵng General Hospital after suffering food poisoning. — VNS Photo Hà Nam|Viet Nam News
ĐÀ NẴNG — A group of 17 tourists from Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu Province who were on a field trip to Đà Nẵng were admitted to the city’s General Hospital on Sunday night, suffering from food poisoning.
They had eaten chicken rice at a local restaurant near the Mỹ Khê beach on Sunday evening.
Dr Võ Thị Thu Hà said the patients were taken to the hospital with vomiting and diarrhea, but 10 were discharged the next day. She said seven victims would need treatment for several more days.
It was the first food poisoning reported in the city this year. The case is under investigation. No food poisoning case was reported in the city last year.
Đà Nẵng hosted 5.5 million tourists in 2016, 1.67 million of them foreigners.
The city issued safety food licences for over 3,300 qualified food courts and restaurants in early 2017, and the heaviest fine for violations is from VNĐ100 million (US$4,500) to VNĐ200 million (nearly $9,000). — VNS