A fire in a 2,000sq.m workshop quickly spread, destroying all equipment and materials.— Photo vov.vn
HCM CITY (VNS) — A fire broke out yesterday afternoon, destroying all equipment in a 2,000sq.m workshop of Bags Connection Vina Company in HCM City.
The fire was first discovered by some workers on the first floor of the two-storey workshop. Soon, tall columns of smoke covered the whole workshop located in District 12’s Tô Ngọc Vân St.
Despite the efforts of company workers and the local firefighters, the blaze quickly spread because the house contained inflammable garment equipment and clothing. Nineteen fire engines and 200 firemen, including professional firefighters, as well as the transport police and local police forces were sent to the site.
The fire was extinguished after one hour. A senior police official said the firemen had to wear gas masks to get close to the fire and break glass doors to prevent the fire from spreading to neighbouring places.
Đinh Văn Ngàn, head of District 12’s Fire Fighting Police, said the firemen prevented the fire from spreading to a neighbouring 4,500sq.m store and residential houses.
No loss of human life was reported, but the damage to property was worth several billions of đồng, with about 100 modern industrial garment machines and dressmaking material being destroyed. The police are investigating the case. — VNS