Saturday, December 10 2016

VietNamNews

One dead, four critical due to CO poisoning

Update: January, 26/2016 - 17:50
Đậu Thị Hạnh is being treated at the department of Intensive Care and Anti-Poison, Nghe An Province's General Hospital. — Photo dantri.com.vn

NGHE AN (VNS) —  A 18-month-old girl died and four other people were in critical conditions after they inhaled carbon monoxide (CO) at home, a doctor at Nghe An central province's General Hospital said.

All the patients were members of a family in the province's Nam Dan Town. The province has been experiencing extreme cold weather in the north since last week, and the family of five lit some coal inside the 15 square metre room to keep themselves warm.

The fire was operating all night, and all five family members in the room became unconscious from inhaling the smoke.

Dr. Phạm Xuân Kinh, from the hospital's department of Intensive Care and Anti-Poison, said the infant died before she could be shifted to the healthcare centre, while the others were hospitalised last Friday and were immediately moved to the anti-poison faculty.

The four patients rushed to the hospital in critical condition were Nguyễn Thị Nga, 20, Nguyễn Thị Tiến, 40 (Nga's mother-in-law), Đậu Thị Hạnh, 17 (Nga's sister-in-law), and a one-day-old son of Nga.

The dead infant was Nga's daughter.

Dr. Kinh said that after three days of intensive treatment at the department, the health of the four patients had improved. Nguyễn Thị Nga had just been moved to the obstetrical faculty. — VNS


Send Us Your Comments:

See also: