|Workers were treated at Pho Noi General Hospital in Hung Yen Province. All were discharged this morning. — VNA/VNS Photo Lam Khanh
HUNG YEN (VNS) — Pho Noi General Hospital in the northern province of Hung Yen this morning treated at least 34 workers for food poisoning, the hospital said.
The workers were employed by the Viet Nam Corona Shinei Ltd Co in Thang Long Industrial Zone 2.
The hospital's representative said it had received 44 patients last night, 34 of whom were hospitalised after eating dinner at their company's canteen.
Workers complained of headaches, stomach ache and vomiting after eating a meal of roast squid, crab soup and noodles.
After the initial examination, doctors confirmed the workers were suffering from food poisoning.
All the workers were discharged from the hospital at 9am today after responding well to the treatment, doctors said.
The provincial Food Safety and Hygiene Department is working with the concerned units to acquire food samples for testing to uncover the cause of the incident. — VNS