|Firefighters and local residents extinguish the fire that destroyed four stores in the Central Highland Kon Tum Province on Saturday night. — VNA/VNS Photo Cao Nguyen
KON TUM — Leakage of electrical charge was blamed for the fire that destroyed four stores in Plei Kan Town, in the Central Highland Kon Tum Province's Ngoc Hoi District late on Saturday.
Firefighters took almost three hours to extinguish the blaze.
Chairman of the district People's Committee Tran Van Chi said 10 people were reportedly present in the stores when the fire broke out. All of them escaped in time.
However, the fire caused losses worth several billion Vietnamese dong, as the shops comprised furniture stores and the largest grocery in the district. — VNS