|Doctors at the General Hospital in the southern Binh Dương Province give first aid to workers of Vĩnh Nghĩa Shoes Company who reportedly suffered food poisoning. — VNA/VNS Photo Duong Chi Tuong
BINH DƯƠNG (VNS) — Hundreds of workers of Vĩnh Nghĩa Shoes Company in Bến Cát Town in the southern Binh Dươnng Province were hospitalised yesterday for suspected food poisoning.
The workers said they had shrimp braised with pork, fried cabbage, boiled gourd and egg soup for lunch at the company's kitchen yesterday.
Soon after they returned to work, many of them developed symptoms of food poisoning such as vomiting, stomach ache, abdominal pain and diarrhoea. Many of them fainted and were taken to hospital.
Director of the provincial General Hospital Văn Quang Tân said his hospital received more than 130 workers and several of them had to lie down in the hospital's meeting hall due to patient overload in the emergency room.
Mỹ Phước Hospital and Vạn Phúc Hospital in Thủ Dầu Một City also received hundreds of workers yesterday afternoon.
More than 5,000 workers of the company consumed the same meal, which was supplied by Thành Danh Company yesterday.
Medical workers were still giving emergency aid and treating the workers.
Many of them have recovered, but some are being kept in the hospitals for further treatment.
The health authorities in Binh Dương took samples of the food the workers had consumed to identify the cause of poisoning. — VNS