Saturday, December 3 2016

VietNamNews

60 take ill after eating infected beef

Update: July, 02/2015 - 06:00
A victim of beef poisoning receives treatment at a health centre in Phu Thien District. —Photo laodong.com.vn

GIA LAI (VNS) — Nearly 60 people were hospitalised after eating beef at Gia Lai Province in Tay Nguyen (Central Highlands) yesterday, a health official has said.

According to one of the patients, they ate the meat of a cow that had been ill for a week and died yesterday.

The owner of the cow had killed the animal and distributed its meat to 24 neighbouring households with 59 people.

They felt sick after eating the beef and complained of stomach ache, nausea, vertigo, and diarrhoea. They were immediately hospitalised at a health centre in Phu Thien District.

Tran Van Dang, head of the provincial food safety department, said the department officials have collected samples for medical tests.

Meanwhile, 10 of the patients have been released from the health centre, while the remaining ones are undergoing treatment and are expected to be discharged in the coming days.

Local authorities have discarded the leftover of the infected beef. — VNS


Send Us Your Comments:

See also: