Saturday, December 10 2016

VietNamNews

Five persons fall ill after eating deadly mushrooms

Update: July, 01/2015 - 17:57
A victim of mushroom poisoning receives treatment at the Quang Tri General Hospital. — Photo cand.com.vn

QUANG TRI (VNS) — Five members of a family from Quang Tri Province's Huong Hoa mountainous district were admitted to the provincial general hospital in critical condition, after they consumed poisonous mushrooms on Monday.

Two of the patients said their father had picked the mushrooms from a forest in the central province.

They fell sick after eating the cooked mushrooms.

All six family members began complaining of stomach ache, nausea, and diarrhoea. They were immediately hospitalised in the district's general hospital and then transferred to the provincial hospital for treatment.

Tran Quoc Tuan, director of the hospital, said the patients, now in stable condition, were expected to be discharged in the coming days.

Last Thursday, a couple in the southern Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province also fell ill after consuming poisonous mushrooms. — VNS


Send Us Your Comments:

See also: