Monday, October 24 2016


Hospital saves child's life after he consumes chemical

Update: June, 03/2015 - 16:25
A child, who consumed a chemical by mistake, is being treated at General Hospital in Binh Phuong Province. — VNA/VNS Photo Dau Tat Thanh

BINH PHUOC (VNS) — The General Hospital in the southern Binh Phuoc Province saved the life of a child after he consumed a chemical from a bottle.

Ten-year-old Tran Minh Hoang mistook the chemical, which is used to enhance the growth of rubber trees, for water and drank it.

He was hospitalised on Monday with the symptoms of vomiting, pale face and serious digestive trouble.

After making their diagnosis, doctors took emergency action to save the child. He was reported to be out of danger after several hours.

A family member of the boy said the child had followed his father, who was spraying chemicals on rubber trees in Dong Phu's District's Tan Lap Commune.

Hoang was very thirsty and drank the chemical from a bottle, while his father was at work and did not see him.

The doctors said Hoang was in stable condition and still in hospital for further treatment to avoid complications. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: