Tuesday, October 25 2016


One man electrocuted, appliances damaged in short circuit

Update: May, 21/2015 - 19:44
The electric pole where the short circuit took place. —  Photo giadinh.net.vn

DA NANG (VNS) — A short circuit in the high-voltage 110Kv grid killed one man while causing a four-hour black-out and damaging electrical equipment in 300 households in Lien Chieu district last night.

Senior Lieutenant Colonel Mai Bay, head of the investigative police team of the district, confirmed that the incident occurred at around 8 pm in a residential area on Doan Phu Tu Street and killed a 26-year-old man while also damaging electric fans, refrigerators and computers.

He said the man, who was identified as Bui Phuc Hiep, 26, in Lien Chieu district, was using his mobile phone at a restaurant while it was charging. The electric shock from the high-voltage line killed the man.

The police official said the short circuit occurred when two workers from the Military Telecommunications (Viettel) Group were pulling a cable over the high-voltage line causing it to explode.

The police is investigating the case.

Last year, a worker was killed when he suffered an electric shock on touching the exposed power grid near a construction site. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: