Saturday, December 3 2016

VietNamNews

Fire at chemical firm brought under control

Update: April, 27/2015 - 16:03
Firefighters at the scene on Sunday night, when the fire broke out at around 10pm and destroyed 1500sq.m of the storage area of a company in Binh Duong Province. — Photo vietnamplus.vn

BINH DUONG (VNS) — Firefighters this morning brought under control a fire that had broken out on Sunday night in the chemical and paint storage area of a company in Binh Duong Province.

The fire broke out at 10pm on Sunday at Van Truc Commerce and Services Company in Thuan An Town, Binh Duong Province. The inflammable chemicals there helped the fire to spread quickly and destroy 1500sq.m of the storage area.

Firefighters deployed 20 fire trucks and were helped by hundreds of people. Some witnesses told local media that no one was injured because everyone was able to escape when the fire broke out.

Firefighters ensured that no one approached the scene, as burning chemicals spread toxic smoke in the area.

The cause of the fire was believed to be electrical failure. Damages are estimated at billions of dongs. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: