|Deep wells may contain high methane levels that cause suffocation. — Photo baotintuc.vn
DAK NONG (VNS) — Two men died of suffocation in a well yesterday in Dak Mil District in the Central Highland province of Dak Nong.
Hac Long, 35, and his wife were commissioned to clean a well for a local family. After seeing her husband suffocate and fall into the well, his wife cried out for help.
Nguyen Sinh Nhat, a local man who was nearby, entered the well to help Long, but he too lost consciousness.
Local residents used fans to send air into the well to save the two men. However, they were already dead by the time they were brought up.
Initial investigation identified high methane levels and lack of oxygen as having caused the two men to suffocate and die in the well. — VNS