Thursday, August 24 2017

VietNamNews

Complaints on transport hit 1,000 last year

Update: March, 17/2015 - 09:05

HA NOI (VNS) — The Ministry of Transport (MOT) Chief Inspector Le Thanh Ha yesterday told an online conference the ministry received and processed more than 1,000 complaints last year.

Four contractors were banned from taking part in transport projects from six months to two years due to violations in bidding and quality-control procedures.

Ministry inspectors carried out only 14 inspections. Eight done without prior notice mainly focused on public issues, such as over-weight trucks, vehicle registrations, environmental protection and traffic safety.

At the conference, which was held to review ministry inspections in 2014, Ha praised individuals who had gone out of their way to contribute to the effort to fight corruption.

He said that the ministry's corruption-fighting taskforce, although few in numbers, had managed to fulfil their duties.

Inspectors will continue to focus on pressing issues in 2015, such as fighting corruption, improving infrastructure projects' quality, raising work-safety standards, traffic safety and environmental protection.

The conference listened to reports from local transport departments regarding the ministry's resolution and solution to stop overweight trucks.

Deputy Minister of Transport Nguyen Ngoc Dong said the inspectors as well as inspectors based in localities nationwide must take the initiative in the fight against corruption. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: