Saturday, September 23 2017

VietNamNews

Electrical fault caused tourist boat fire

Update: February, 05/2015 - 13:49
Efforts to extinguish the fire failed and the boat was destroyed, causing a loss of about VND2 billion (US$94,000). — Photo VnExpress.net

QUANG NINH (VNS) — An electrical fault caused the fire on a tourist boat during an overnight cruise of Ha Long Bay on Tuesday night, said the northern Quang Ninh Province authority.

The fire destroyed the three-star boat, but no tourists were injured, the authority added.

It investigated the incident and concluded that the fire broke out in Room 201 on the second floor of the boat.

The provincial People's Committee has asked the departments to help the tourists who suffered losses due to the fire, and to quickly re-examine organisations and individuals who have accepted responsibility for the incident.

At 8.30pm on Tuesday, the tourist boat, owned by Ha Long Bien Ngoc JSC, caught fire while it lay anchored in the world heritage tourist site in Quang Ninh Province.

The boat was carrying 25 passengers and crew, of which 16 were foreign tourists. All passengers and crew were safely transferred to the nearby Tiptop Island by adjacent boats.

Efforts to extinguish the fire failed and the boat was destroyed, causing a loss of about VND2 billion (US$94,000).

The 18-bed tourist boat had recently undergone routine maintenance and safety checks. — VNS




Send Us Your Comments:

See also: