Thursday, December 14 2017

VietNamNews

7 killed in early morning fire in HCM City

Update: September, 16/2014 - 21:20
The fire that brokes out at a house in HCM City's Nguyen Trai Street is caused by a short circuit. — VNA Photo Manh Linh

HCM CITY (VNS) – Seven members of a family who were sleeping in a house at 416 Nguyen Trai Street in HCM City's District 5 were all killed in a fire that broke out early on September 16.

The local police said eight members are listed in the family registration book, but had not named the victims as of 9.30am.

The fire service said a short circuit had caused the blaze.

Shortly after being informed, the fire service dispatched five fire engines and 30 firemen to the spot.

Col Le Tan Buu, acting director of the HCM City Fire Prevention and Combating Division, said the seven people had asphyxiated due to the smoke.

The victims' bodies were taken to An Binh and Nguyen Tri Phuong Hospitals.

Tran Thi Chau Loan, 50, a relative of the family who lives in the same district, said she heard about the fire and rushed to the site at 3.00am, but could not reach the house since access was blocked.

At a ward meeting this morning deputy chairman of the HCM City People's Committee, Tat Thanh Cang, ordered related agencies to quickly identify the cause of the fire. —VNS


Send Us Your Comments:

See also: