Thursday, August 17 2017

VietNamNews

Three infants die after vaccine mix-up

Update: May, 23/2014 - 08:07

QUANG TRI (VNS)— Three new-born babies died after receiving the wrong medicine in the central province of Quang Tri, according to an official announcement by the provincial police yesterday.

Nguyen Thi Thuan, a nurse at Huong Hoa District General Hospital, was asked by a doctor to administer the hepatitis B vaccine to the babies last July.

At that time, the hospital had a power cut, and she mistakenly picked up the wrong medicine from the refrigerator, a kind of anaesthetic called Esmeron. The refrigerator was meant to be used solely to store the hepatitis B vaccine, but a doctor named Le Truong Son had used the refrigerator to store the Esmeron without informing anyone.

Police are continuing their investigation to get to the bottom of who is responsible of the tragedy. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: