|Tanks containing shrimps' head at the Viet Nam ChiTin - Hau Giang Co Ltd. — Photo danviet.vn
HAU GIANG (VNS) — Four people died last Saturday at the Viet Nam ChiTin-Hau Giang Co Ltd, which sells shrimp heads and shells, in the southern province of Hau Giang's Chau Thanh A District.
Dao Hien Phuong, 45, had crawled into a 20-sq.m tank containing shrimps' head soaking substance. However, because the tanker's valve was blocked, Phuong was unable to breathe and fainted.
Phuong's son, Dao Vu Khanh, 20, then entered the tank to rescue Phuong, but was also overcome by fumes.
This was followed by Dao Hien Ngoan, Phuong's younger brother, and Dao Hien Dang, Phuong's nephew, entering the tank, but they also lost consciousness.
The four victims were taken to Can Tho Hospital, where Phuong and Khanh died on Saturday night, followed by Ngoan and Dang who died yesterday afternoon.
The company has three stainless steel tanks containing shrimps' head soaking substance. Regulations prohibit workers from entering the tanks since the poisonous air inside can be fatal to workers. — VNS