Friday, August 18 2017

VietNamNews

Fire ends water puppet show

Update: September, 09/2013 - 14:00
Fire ravaged the front gate of Ha Noi's Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre at around 8pm last night, causing panic to visitors and residents nearby.— Photo 24h

HA NOI (VNS)– Fire ravaged the front gate of Ha Noi's Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre at around 8pm last night, causing panic to visitors and residents nearby.

Witnesses said they heard loud explosions and saw sparks before fire covered the front of the theatre. People gathered in the city centre to watch the fire which had started during a show for foreign visitors.

The fire was extinguished and prevented from spreading to nearby houses within 15 minutes of fire engines arriving on the scene.

A staff member at the theatre told Viet Nam News that shows will resume today.

She said an electric leakage had caused the fire to start on the billboard in the front of the theatre. -- VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: