Monday, June 25 2018

VietNamNews

Children ill after eating poison cakes

Update: June, 07/2013 - 15:23
Two ethnic children in northern mountainous Ha Giang province are recovering in hospital after eating cakes soaked with rat poison two days ago.—Photo baohagiang

HA GIANG (VNS)– Two ethnic children in northern mountainous Ha Giang province are recovering in hospital after eating cakes soaked with rat poison two days ago. They are aged seven and eight.

Dr Tran Van Hoc from the province's General Hospital said this morning that the Dao children in Vi Xuyen District's Thanh Thuy Commune, aged 7 and 8, ate the cakes they found on the side of the road while herding buffaloes.

The cakes were reported to contain Chinese pesticide that is cheap but highly toxic. Local people usually use it to kill rats at home or around farming areas.

The doctor said the two children were under observation to make sure they had no liver or kidney problems. - VNS


Send Us Your Comments:

See also: