Thursday, August 17 2017

VietNamNews

Welding work blamed for blaze at Tay Ho shop

Update: March, 12/2013 - 09:39
Firefighters took about two hours to extinguish the blaze at a furniture shop in Au Co Street yesterday. — VNA/VNS Photo Doan Tuan

HA NOI (VNS)— A five-storey interior design shop burnt down to the ground yesterday afternoon in the capital after a large fire broke out and quickly spread.

The accident was suspected to have been caused during welding work after a flame set alight the shop's mattress and blankets.

The fire rapidly engulfed the 5-level shop on Au Co Street and spread to seven neighboring homes. There were no casualties reported as residents all managed to flee as soon as they detected smoke.

The Ha Noi fire fighters arrived 30 minutes after the fire was reported and witnesses said some fire trucks were having no water. The fire was stopped after two hours.

Passers-by said traffic along Au Co and Nghi Tam streets towards Thanh Nien was jammed for hours.

The investigation into the case is ongoing. — VNS


Send Us Your Comments:

See also: