Wednesday, October 18 2017

VietNamNews

Man, 51, dies from swine infection

Update: September, 18/2012 - 10:09
HA NOI (VNS)— A 51-year-old man, of Ha Noi's Tay Ho District, has died from septic shock after being infected with Streptococcus suis in Ha Noi, experts have confirmed.

The victim died on September 9 after two days of treatment at the Ha Noi-based National Hospital of Tropical Diseases.

During this time the deceased, whose relatives say had recently eaten raw pig's blood soup, had been in a coma and was haemorrhaging under his skin.

Streptococcus suis is a gram-positive coccus that can cause pneumonia, meningitis, septicaemia, and arthritis in pigs. It can transmit to humans through close or direct contact with infected pigs and pork products. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: