Việt Nam and the Czech Republic have issued a joint statement during the state visit to Vietnam from June 6-8 by Czech President Milos Zeman and his spouse. Following is the full text of the joint statement.
1. At the invitation of the President of the Socialist Republic of Việt Nam, His Excellency Trần Đại Quang, the President of the Czech Republic, His Excellency Milos Zeman and Spouse, paid a state visit to Việt Nam from 6th to 8th June, 2017.
2. The President of the Czech Republic was accompanied by a sizable business delegation organised by the Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic. The business delegation was made up of 60 representatives of companies from various sectors.
3. During the visit, the President of the Czech Republic held talks with the President Trần Đại Quang, paid a courtesy call to the General Secretary of the Communist Party of Việt Nam Nguyễn Phú Trọng, the Chairwoman of the National Assembly Nguyễn Thị Kim Ngân, and met with the Deputy Prime Minister Vương Đình Huệ. He also attended the Việt Nam – Czech Business Forum and met with the Việt Nam – Czech Friendship Association.
4. The bilateral meeting took place in a friendly atmosphere of mutual understanding. The two Leaders informed each other of the political and economic situation in their respective countries as well as their foreign affairs and external economic priorities. They also discussed concrete measures how to promote bilateral relations and exchanged views on international and regional issues of mutual interest and concerns.
5. The President of the Socialist Republic of Việt Nam reaffirmed that Việt Nam consistently attaches importance to fostering friendship and co-operation in all areas with traditional friends in the Central Europe, especially the Czech Republic. He congratulated the Czech Republic on its achievements in national development. The President of the Czech Republic held in high esteem the achievements Việt Nam had made in economic development. He re-confirmed the strong interest of the Czech Republic in furthering friendly and mutually beneficial relations with Việt Nam.
6. The two Sides greatly valued the positive growth of the traditional friendship and co-operation in all areas over a history of 67 years of official relations between Việt Nam and the Czech Republic; welcomed the maintenance and strengthening of high-level political dialogues as well as the exchange of delegations between ministries, agencies and regions of the two countries. The two Sides also expressed the political will to create momentum to further strengthen the cooperation between the two countries in areas of mutual interests.
7. In this regard the two Leaders expressed their desire to launch the direct flight connection between the Czech Republic and Việt Nam. Both Presidents will task the respective national bodies to hold talks on the issue and conclude on details.
8. Both Sides are pleased to accept the fact that the Treaty between the Czech Republic and the Socialist Republic of Việt Nam on the Transfer of Sentenced Persons and the Agreement between the Government of the Czech Republic and the Government of the Socialist Republic of Việt Nam on Cooperation in Combating Crime had been signed.
9. The two Leaders expressed their satisfaction with the signing of seven memorandums of understanding between the following partners: Optokon Group and Sinh Phúc Technology Systems; Drevojas and Hạo Canh Porcelain Production and Trading; East Sea Travel & Air Service Group and Indovina Bank; ClineX and Dapharco; Techniserv Group and Yestech; Na Homolce Hospital and Việt Nam Friendship Hospital; and Vari JSC and James Boat Technology JSC.
10. The two Sides highly appreciated the encouraging result in trade and investment cooperation, reaffirming the determination to work together to raise bilateral trade turnover and rebalance the trade between the two countries. The two Sides expressed their willingness to create all necessary favourable conditions for each other to explore the market and investment opportunities. Both Sides confirmed their resolve to ensure favorable legal framework and facilitate friendly environment for effective cooperation of both countries’ investors and entrepreneurs.
11. The two Sides highly valued the role of the Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation between the Czech Republic and the Socialist Republic of Việt Nam, and acknowledged the great potential and opportunities for cooperation between the two countries. The two Sides agreed to make thorough preparations for the 6th Session of the Committee, which is expected to take place in 2018 in Hà Nội, Việt Nam.
12. Both Sides agreed to promote and strengthen cooperation in various areas, such as agriculture, science and technology, environment, energy, education and training, culture, tourism, justice and law, etc.
13. The two Sides highly value the well-established relations in the area of defense. Both Sides will seek ways to further enhance relations in the area of defense across the spectrum.
14. The two Sides agreed to promote the exchange and mutual support on international and regional issues of mutual interest. The two Sides also agreed to coordinate and cooperate more closely at international and regional forums and organisations, especially at the United Nations, the World Trade Organisation, the Asia – Europe Meeting (ASEM), and that they would consider supporting each other’s candidacy for membership in international organisations and forums. Both Sides are committed to maintaining peace, stability, promoting maritime security and safety, and freedom of navigation in and overflight above the South China Sea. The two Sides stressed the importance of the settlement of territorial disputes through peaceful means, in accordance with international law.
15. Both Sides support the early signing, ratification and implementation of the EU-Việt Nam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA).
16. The two Leaders stressed the importance of human dimension in political and economic collaboration. The Leaders shared view that democracy and rule of law are the core principles which both Sides are aiming to promote.
17. The two Sides agree to cooperate in the promotion and protection of human rights, including with regards to the implementation of international human rights instruments.
18. Both Leaders shared the deep concern over the real threats posed by terrorism, extremism, illicit drugs trafficking, and other transnational organized crime to the world. In this regard, both Sides reached mutual understanding that strengthening of the cooperation in countering these threats is needed.
19. The President of the Socialist Republic of Việt Nam expressed his gratitude to the Czech Republic for creating favourable conditions for the Vietnamese community living in the Czech Republic. The President of the Czech Republic valued the contribution of the Vietnamese community in the Czech Republic in promotion of the friendship between the two countries.
20. The two Sides expressed their satisfaction with the results of the state visit of the President of the Czech Republic to Việt Nam, and considered this a significant political event in the strengthening and promotion of the traditional friendship and multi-faceted cooperation between Việt Nam and the Czech Republic.
21. The President of the Czech Republic, His Excellency Milos Zeman, expressed his sincere gratitude for the kind and warm hospitality that Việt Nam had accorded to him and his Spouse and the Czech high-level delegation and took the opportunity to invite the President of the Socialist Republic of Việt Nam, His Excellency Trần Đại Quang, to pay a state visit to the Czech Republic. President of the Socialist Republic of Việt Nam welcomed the invitation with a great pleasure and expressed his willingness to visit the Czech Republic at a mutually convenient time to be communicated through diplomatic channels. — VNS