Wednesday, December 7 2016

VietNamNews

VN reaffirms Dak Nong sovereignty

Update: November, 03/2015 - 09:17
Foreign Ministry Spokesman Le Hai Binh. — File Photo

HA NOI (VNS) — Viet Nam has absolute sovereignty over the border area of Dak Dam in the Central Highlands province of Dak Nong, which is contiguous with the Cambodian province of Mondulkiri, Foreign Ministry Spokesman Le Hai Binh said.

He made the remark yesterday in response to reporters' question about recent news posted on Cambodia's online newspaper vodhotnews.com.

The website has reported that Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen said in Paris that Viet Nam, through unofficial channels, agreed to share a land area between Dak Nong and Mondulkiri. Accordingly, Viet Nam would have 60 per cent of the Dak Dam – Dak Huyt border region and the remaining 40 per cent would belong to Cambodia.

Viet Nam was verifying the above mentioned information, Binh said.

The country has sufficient legal and historical grounds to assert its absolute sovereignty over the border area of Dak Dam in Dak Nong province, he stressed. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: