Thursday, December 14 2017

VietNamNews

Man dies as fire spreads in trade centre

Update: December, 18/2012 - 15:32

 

Fire on the biggest trade centre in central Ha Tinh Province. —Source: vietnamnet.vn
HA TINH (VNS)– One person died after a fire spread in the biggest trade centre in Ha Tinh Province today morning. The fire has yet to be extinguished and is spreading to surrounding areas.

Witnesses said that the victim, Pham Xuan Truong, was welding in a 3D film room on the fourth floor when the fire started. He received serious burns and died of his injuries after being taken to hospital.

The smoke from the fire spiralled all the way up to the 15th floor of the building and hundreds of people had to be evacuated from the centre. As the incident occurred during rush hour, curious onlookers flocked to the building to take a look causing a major traffic jam and making it difficult for the firefighters to stop the fire.

The amount of damage to the building has not yet been reported.

The building's first and second storeys are occupied by a supermarket while other floors are used for offices, hotels and businesses. – VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: