Tuesday, October 17 2017

VietNamNews

Pagoda fire caused by fallen candles

Update: August, 27/2012 - 09:02
SOC TRANG — A fire yesterday destroyed most of furniture in the sanctum of the Bung Coc Pagoda in the southern province of Soc Trang's My Tu District.

Hundreds of people helped put out the fire in two hours.

Secretary of Phu My Commune Tran Van Quang said the fire was caused by candles. The sanctum has 24 big candles, each of which weighs 9-10kg. Two were alight and fell down into other candles which caused the fire.

On August 13, fire destroyed furniture in the sanctum of the Tac Gong Pagoda in My Xuyen District, the most ancient pagoda in the province. The fire also was caused by candles. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: