Sunday, December 17 2017

VietNamNews

Boarding house fire kills one, injures 10

Update: April, 09/2012 - 10:44

BINH DUONG — A 37-year-old woman died and 10 other people were seriously injured after leaking gas ignited in a boarding house area last Saturday in the southern province of Binh Duong.

Victims of the fire, aged between 19 and 41, lived in nine boarding house rooms in An Phu Ward, Thuan An Town. They were taken to HCM City's Cho Ray Hospital for treatment.

Deputy director of Thuan An Police Vo Van Hong said officers were interviewing Le Minh Viet, 31, a fried fish seller from the southern province of Dong Thap, who is suspected of having caused the fire.

Police said that last Saturday evening Viet was alleged to have opened a 12kg gas cylinder in his room in the boarding house quarter to transfer the gas to smaller containers which he used for frying fish.

Hong said it was suspected the gas leaked to a neighbours' room where occupants were cooking, causing an explosion and a fire that spread through other rooms in the quarter.

Police confiscated the two gas tanks at the scene and a number of mini gas tanks. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: