KON TUM – More than 230 residents of three villages in the Central Highlands' Kon Tum City have suffered from food poisoning in last seven days, said director of the city's Medical Centre Vo Thanh.
Symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhoea were reported after they ate at a wedding and then a funeral in Plei To Nghia Village. Fortunately, only one person had to be taken to hospital for treatment.
The medical centre sprayed disinfectant in the surrounding areas and water wells, and asked local residents to clean up the environment.
On Thursday, more than 70 students at Vo Thi Sau Primary School in Sa Thay District also showed symptoms of food poisoning. – VNS