Saturday, December 16 2017

VietNamNews

Doctors save unborn baby from pesticide

Update: February, 03/2012 - 09:46

HA NOI — The Ha Noi-based Bach Mai Hospital saved a 32-week-old foetus after it was poisoned when her expectant mother accidentally drank a pesticide, said Dr Nguyen Tien Dung, head of Paediatrics Department.

The mother, 24, from Ha Noi's Soc Son District regularly takes medicine to prevent epileptic seizures.

Doctors performed a caesarean to save the 1.3kg baby girl and the mother who was still in a critical condition two days after the December incident.

The baby is reported to have fully recovered after two months of treatment. Her mother has also recovered. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: