Wednesday, December 7 2016

VietNamNews

Da Nang prepares to have a blast

Update: April, 11/2015 - 08:45
The central city has reserved more than 16,000 rooms in preparation for the seventh Da Nang International Fireworks Competition on April 28 and 29. — File Photo

DA NANG (VNS)— The central city has reserved more than 16,000 rooms in preparation for the seventh Da Nang International Fireworks Competition on April 28 and 29.

The city will also see more business on the country's Reunification Day, April 30, and on May Day.

The city's 453 hotels committed to offer stable prices and post room prices publicly during the fireworks competition and long holiday, a vice director of the city's Culture, Sports and Tourism Department, Tran Quang Thanh, said in a press conference yesterday.

"We carry out constant inspections at all hotels and accommodation services in the city to create favourable conditions for visitors, as we have in past years," Thanh said. "The department fined two hotels for VND78 million (US$3,700) for unsafe conditions during inspections last week."

He said the city's five-star hotels and resorts have reached 80 per cent capacity, while four- and three-star hotels reached 65 per cent.

The vice director said that of 20,600 firework competition tickets available, nearly 10,000 tickets had sold out.

The organising committee built a 32,000-seat stage on the bank of the Han River for the event. Teams from the US, South Africa, Australia, Poland and Viet Nam will compete.

The central city will organise the event biennially from this year.

Last year, the US team Melrose Pyrotechnics won first prize. — VNS


Send Us Your Comments:

See also: