Friday, September 22 2017

VietNamNews

$100 mln steel plant begins production

Update: December, 04/2013 - 08:36
The Maruichi Sun Steel Joint-Stock Company opened a new steel factory on a 30-ha land lot in the Di An District of southern Binh Duong Province yesterday.— Photo maruichisunsteel         

BINH DUONG (VNS)— The Maruichi Sun Steel Joint-Stock Company opened a new steel factory on a 30-ha land lot in the Di An District of southern Binh Duong Province yesterday.

This CGL&CCL plant has a total investment of US$100 million, with the dominant stake owned by the Japanese Maruichi Group.

The new factory has a monthly production capacity of 32,000 tonnes of products, including aluminum and zinc-coated steel coil, hot-dip zinc-coated steel coil, galvanised hot-dip aluminium and zinc.

Some 70 per cent of the output would be exported, and the remaining 30 per cent would be sold in the local market. The company was established in 1996 and its first plant began operating in 1997 in Binh Duong with an investment of $130 million, providing 600 jobs. The first factory produces steel pipes, steel wire, steel sheets, galvanized steel tubes, and stainless steel tubes.

Its products are sold in Viet Nam and demanding markets including Canada, the US and Australia. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: