Monday, May 21 2018

VietNamNews

City businesses invest $1.6b in Phu Yen

Update: August, 06/2014 - 09:59
HCM City-based companies have invested VND34 trillion ($1.6 billion) in 23 projects in the coastal central province of Phu Yen since 2004.

Nine of the projects are in seafood processing, handicrafts, and wood processing, 12 are related to commerce, services, and tourism, and the two others are in infrastructure.

Sai Gon Giai Phong  (Liberated Sai Gon)

HCMC to install cameras in downtown areas

HCM City will install smart cameras in District 1 from October to combat crimes like robberies as well as to monitor traffic.

The cameras, which can identify and analyse traffic and security situations, are estimated to cost around VND270 billion ($12.7 million).

Thanh Nien (Young People)

$500b needed to develop infrastructure

Viet Nam needs US$500 billion in the next 10 years for infrastructure development, according to the Ministry of Planning and Investment.

Le Van Tang, head of the ministry's Public Procurement Agency, said the money is needed for electricity and water projects, ports, airports, and others.

Public sources will meet around 40 per cent of the needs and the remaining 60 per cent, or $300 billion, would have to be raised from private and foreign investors, he said.

Tuoi Tre (Youth)


Send Us Your Comments:

See also: