Viet Nam News
HÀ NỘI — Sài Gòn Thương Tín Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank) on Wednesday announced the official list of candidates for board of directors’ tenure 2017-2021, approved by the State Bank of Vietnam.
Only six candidates were named, although there were seven names on the original list.
The list names the following:
1. Dương Công Minh, president of Him Lam Group, former chairman of LienVietPostBank
2. Kiều Hữu Dũng, chairman of Sacombank
3. Nguyễn Miên Tuấn, vice chairman of Sacombank
4. Nguyễn Xuân Vũ, deputy general director of Sacombank
5. Phạm Văn Phong, branch director of Vietcombank in Đắk Lắk Province
6. Lê Thị Hoa, board member of Vietcombank
The list of the four members of the supervisory board was also released, naming Trần Minh Triết, Nguyễn Thị Thanh Mai, Lê Văn Tòng and Hà Tôn Trung Hạnh.
Sacombank’s annual shareholder meeting will be held on June 30, 2017. It has been postponed twice earlier.
According to Sacombank’s financial reports, its non-performing loan ratio at the end of 2016 stood at 5.53 per cent of the bank’s total outstanding loans.
Many heavyweights have expressed interest in the restructuring of Sacombank, such as New York-based investment bank Evercore Group, M&A consulting firm Redsun Capital Limited and Đặng Văn Thành, president of Thành Thành Công Group (TTC) and founder of Sacombank.
The central bank has so far also asked Sacombank to complete its management and administrative structure, continue implementing restructuring solutions to guarantee the rights and benefits of depositors, stabilise operations and make sure its financial system is secure. — VNS