Pork Loin with Lemongrass and Sesame Seeds
chef Trucy Lister from Ha Noi Cooking Centre.
According to chef Lister, this dish is easy to cook and do not take much time. You can do it everytime in every occasion.
Ingredient: serves 6
- 400g pork loin
- 3g ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 lemongrass stalks
- Juice of 1 kumquat or ½ lemon
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 7 garlic cloves
- 2 spring onion, sliced
- 2 ground black pepper
- 40g sesame seeds, dry roasted
- 5g chilli paste
- 4 spring onions, sliced, for garnish
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Remove fat and sinew from the pork, and then thinly slice. Marinate the pork in ginger, spring onion, and kumquat juice for five minutes.
- While pork is marinating, roughly chop garlic and lemongrass, place in a mortar and crush with pestle.
- Heat oil in a wok. Put chilli, pepper, salt and sugar into the hot wok. When fragrant, add lemongrass and garlic and cook for one minute. Make sure to keep the wok moving so the ingredients don not stick or burn.
- Add pork and continue to keep wok moving to cook the pork evenly. After approximately three to five minutes, add the sesame seeds and gently toss through the pork.
- Remove from the heat and serve on a central platter, garnished with the spring onion.
You can sample the dish at Ha Noi Cooking Centre, 44 Chau Long St, Ba Dinh Dist, Ha Noi. Tel: (04) 3715 0088 or (04) 3715 3277.