Beef Ribs with Salted Pepper
with chef Wong Chi Ming from May Man Chinese Cuisine at the Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi
This season, Chef Wong Chi Ming at May Man Chinese Cuisine will introduce to beef lovers the succulent flavour of beef rib with salted pepper. Highly prized for its marbling characteristics and rich buttery flavours, the juicy and tenderness of finest Australian beef rib is cooked perfectly to an appealing rich brown crust followed by a hearty, meaty finish that linger on your palate.
Ingredients: serves 4
1kg beef rib, chopped into 10cm pieces
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp potato flour
- 1 tsp shallot, peeled, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, peeled, chopped
- Marinate beef ribs with spices for 30 minutes.
- Pan-fried beef ribs until you see the golden brown crust.
- Fry the garlic. When it is done, sprinkle the salt, pepper and the fried garlic on top of the beef rib to get the fragrant scent.
- This dish is now available as part of Chef Recommendations of the month at a special rate, prized US$8++ at May Man Chinese Cuisine Restaurant, Fortuna Hotel. Tel: (04) 831 3333, ext. 6260
You can sample the dish at Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi, 6B Lang Ha St, Ba Dinh Dist, Ha Noi, tel (84.4) 831 3333 – 6437.