Oven Baked Pyramid of Marinated Prawns
with Excutive Chef Roland Kaiser from Hilton Ha Noi Opera
Seafood lovers in the capital have a new place to enjoy some of their favourite dishes. Executive Chef Roland Kaiser from the Hilton Ha Noi Opera presents his latest culinary creations featuring seafood. The recipes, which are included in the updated menu at the hotel's Chez Manon Restaurant, promise to please the most discerning connoisseurs.
Ingredients: serves 2
- 10g garlic, minced
- 2ml rice vinegar
- 5ml fish sauce
- 5ml lime juice
- 10g pomelo flesh
- 5g red chili, diced
- 40g mixed cress
- crispy leeks for garnish
- 3 pcs tiger prawn (cut in half lengthways)
- 30g lemongrass, chopped
- 8g coriander, chopped, divided into two parts
- 6g chili flakes
- 4ml olive oil, divined into two parts
- Marinate the prawns in lemongrass, garlic, chili flakes, 4g coriander, fish sauce, rice vinegar and lime juice for 20 minutes
- Heat 2ml olive oil and pan sear the prawns, then roast in the oven for 3 minutes at 150-175¤C.
- Mix the pomelo flesh, red chili, the remaining chopped coriander and olive oil in a large bowl.
- To serve: Place the prawn halves in the shape of a pyramid and drizzle with the marinade from the pan.
- Surround the prawns with the pomelo salsa and garnish with mixed cress and crispy leeks.
Chef's tip: The prawns should be just cooked and still appear slightly translucent.
You can sample the dish at Chez Manon Restaurant at the Hilton Ha Noi Opera Hotel, 1 Le Thanh Tong, Hoan Kiem District, Ha Noi. Tel: (04) 39330500, ext 1657.